Welcome to the Re-Imagined 2020 San Diego International Film Festival!
THE FIRST STEPS IN WALKING THE VIRTUAL RED CARPET!
- You’ll find all the Festival films along with a synopsis and trailers HERE
- Also check out the Festival Program for more information about this year’s Festival.
- Check out the Live Festival Schedule for the not to miss films on specific times/ days!
- Choose some favorites to get started and feel free to come back anytime to find some more!
MORE QUESTIONS? CHECK OUT OUR FAQ PAGE
CONTACT US: We are here to help – email@example.com or 619.818.2221
VIRTUAL PLATFORM TUTORIAL VIDEO
Plan Ahead: Your path to fabulous Festival films October 15-18
Enjoy the Festival two ways with two separate passes:
Festival Virtual Village – Virtual Fest Pass – 116 Festival Films + 53 San Diego Local Films. Inside the Festival Virtual Village you’ll find:
- The Cuervo Theater – Live Streaming 48 Films. View the films at the specific time listed in the live schedule. These films are NOT in the On-Demand section and can only be viewed at the time listed.
- Village Opening Night Film: Drunk Bus – 6:00pm Thursday
- Village Closing Night Film: MLK/FBI 5:30pm Sunday
- The Cove Theater – On Demand Films from 11am Thursday – Midnight Sunday
- The San Diego Locals Theater – 63 On Demand Films from San Diego Filmmakers from 11am Thursday – Midnight Sunday
- BONV!V Café – Noon – 8pm all four days – Live Q&As with Filmmakers, Panels and Special Events
- The Perspectives Center – On Demand Q&As, Panels and Special Events
Festival Drive-In Movies Pass – 4 Nights of Studio Premieres
- Thursday, October 15 – Nomadland (Opening Night Film)
- Friday, October 16 – Harry Chapin: When In Doubt, Do Something
- Saturday, October 17 – Blithe Spirit
- Sunday, October 18 – Love, Sarah (The Festival’s 2020 Culinary Cinema Selection)
Two kinds of passes – Festival Village passes & Festival Drive-In passes
Whether you’re shopping for access to the Festival’s Virtual Village or the Festival’s Drive-In Movies, there are both 4-Day and 1-Day pass options for each.
- For both experiences, the All Access Pass gets you into the Festival’s Virtual Village in all buildings, all 4 days plus GA Festival Drive-in Movie Night.
- Virtual Fest passes give you access to to all the buildings in the Festival Village.
- 1-Day passes are valid from midnight to midnight on your selected day.
- The Locals Theater pass gives you 4-day access exclusively to the San Diego Locals Theater plus BONV!V Café and The Perspectives Center. Does not include access to The Cuervo Theater or The Cove Theater.
After You Buy A Pass: Access to the Festival’s Virtual Village
Late Wednesday October 14 you will receive an email with your exclusive link to the Festival’s Virtual Village. Our live virtual doors open at 11am on Thursday, October 15. So head on in and poke around each of the buildings. At the top of your screen you’ll see links for the Schedule and Program.
4-Days of Festival Binge Watching – Tips on How To Fest Best!
There’s an art to maximizing your Festival experience. Here’s a few tips and clear your calendar October 15 -18!
- Make sure your Internet connection is maximized
- Cast the movies from your computer to your big screen TV with Google Chromecast, Apple TV streaming or HDMI connection form the computer.
- Stock up on Popcorn, Milk Duds, Junior Mints and Red Vines.
- Invite friends to watch films with you in the comfort of your own home!
- Note the films in the Cuervo Theater are time specific so plan around those first.
- The Cove Theater and The San Diego Locals Theater are both on demand so you can watch those from Thursday thru Midnight Sunday!
- Check the Schedule for BONV!V Café to join Q&A Sessions with Filmmakers, Panels and Events Live!
- Come 10-15 minutes early to the Live events in BONV!V Café. You’ll be seated at a table with other film lovers – great for mingling til the Live event begins.
- Try to watch the film before the Filmmaker’s Q&A
- If you miss the Live events in BONV!V Café then hop on over to The Perspectives Center where they will be made available on demand.
- Take a break in the evenings and head over to Westfield UTC for the Drive-In Movies … you must buy your pass ahead of time … we expect these to be sold out.
- Have fun! And if you have any problems, we’re standing by at firstname.lastname@example.org.