You Have Questions ... We Have Answers
Learn more about the 2020 Re-Imagined San Diego International Film Festival.
A: The Live Schedule is for the Cuervo Theater & Bon Viv Cafe which are “live” during the festival. So you need to make sure to go to those locations at the certain times that are listed in the schedule to attend. Any screening in “the cove” or “locals” theater you can view at anytime during the 4 days. VIEW LIVE SCHEDULE
No, they are only at the Drive-In.
1) COMPUTER HDMI CONNECTION... The simplest method is to hard wire an HDMI cord into the HDMI port on your TV, much like connecting a DVD player to your TV. Many laptops have a HDMI port (outlet), if yours doesn’t have an HDMI port you’ll need an adapter or dongle (Mac Laptops need this adapter), you can purchase an adapter/dongle online or at a store, such as Best Buy or Apple. We added a few links below to online products:
HDMI Cable: https://amzn.to/3lOXgny
APPLE HDMI Adapter: https://amzn.to/3nTCfJZ
2) APPLE TV, use AirPlay to stream or share content from your Apple devices to your Apple TV . Make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV in order to stream. For further instructions on how to stream filmocracy through AirPlay please visit
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289 for step by step instructions on how to access our platform on Apple TV.
3) AMAZON FIRESTICK (Fire TV), you will need to download the Airbeam TV app or another mirroring app in order to see your computer screen through your Fire TV. For additional troubleshooting information, please go tohttps://www.airbeam.tv/mirror-your-mac-screen/amazon-fire-tv/ for step by step instructions on how to use the app.
4) CHROMECAST: If you are streaming through Chromecast, you can find our platform by searching Filmocracy.com in your chrome browser on the television. Want to buy to here: https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast
5) SMART TV?, simply search in the browser on your TV: Filmocracy.com. If it is your first time entering the platform, first register using your computer (STEP 1), then login to your account using your smart TV.
A: Due to the pandemic, the 2020 SD Intl Film Festival will be presented on two platforms:
- The Festival’s Virtual Village … online viewing for 114 international films and 53 films from local San Diego Filmmakers
- The Festival’s Drive-In Movies at Westfield UTC … studio premieres each night of the Festival.
A: There are two types of passes. You can buy passes to see the Festival’s Drive-In Movies @ Westfield UTC each night of the Festival or you can buy a pass to watch films online in the Festival’s Virtual Village from the comfort of your home from 12am Thursday through midnight Sunday.
A: It’s a robust online movie streaming platform we’ve developed to present the 2020 SD Intl Film Festival line-up of features, documentaries and shorts. The Festival’s Virtual Village consists of:
- Cuervo Theater – Live streamed movies start times: Thurs/ Friday 11am – 10pm & Sat/ Sun 9:30am – 10pm
- The Cove Theater – On demand movies from 12am Thursday through midnight Sunday
- San Diego Locals Theater – films by San Diegans – On demand from 12am Thursday through midnight Sunday
- BONV!V Café – Live Q&A’s with international and local Filmmakers, Panels, and special live events (start times: Thurs/ Friday 12:30pm – 10pm & Sat/ Sun 11am – 10pm
- The Perspective Center – On demand Q&A’s, panels and special events all day!
A: There are two places that have information about the films.
- In the Festival Program, which you can access from the VIEW PROGRAM button in the Film Guide, you’ll find an online flipbook version of our Festival Program. It has synopses of each of the films.
- You’ll find even more information, including trailers, in the Film Guide itself (need link). There you can browse all the films or search by category.
This will help you get an idea of how many of the great premieres you want to watch and click the “Buy Pass” button.
The passes to the Virtual Village provide access to 3 theaters, the café and the event center. There are 1-Day and 4-Day pass options including:
- VIRTUAL FESTIVAL 4-DAY PASS: Ready to block out 4 fabulous days of binge-watching? Want to explore lots of the features, documentaries and shorts curated for the Festival? Then this is the pass for you. You’ll have access to all the theaters and films from 12AM on Thursday to 12PM on Sunday as well as unlimited access to the BONV!V Café for Live Q&As with Filmmakers and Panels, and The Perspectives Event Center for On Demand Q&As, Panels and Special Events.
- VIRTUAL FESTIVAL 1-DAY PASS: This pass gives you access to all the theaters and films from midnight to midnight on the Festival day of your choice.
- VIRTUAL LOCALS 4-DAY THEATER PASS: Just interested in films from local San Diego Filmmakers? This pass gives you access to the San Diego Locals Theater, plus BON V!V Café and The Perspective Center in the Virtual Village for the 4 days of the Festival. It does not include access to The Cuervo Theater or The Cove Theater.
A: Since most films are available on demand in the Festival’s Virtual Village, you can pick the day that’s most convenient for you to settle in for some serious binge watching. However, check out the Cuervo Theater for the Live streaming schedule. The films in the Cuervo Theater have a maximum of 2 screenings each over the 4 days. So if you’re excited to see one of those films, that schedule will help you decide which day to designate for your 1-Day pass.
A: The movies that are Live Screening are scheduled at specific times. They’re still virtual and you watch them at home, but you have to watch them at the time they are scheduled. You’ll find all the live screened films in the Cuervo Theater. You can find the schedule for these films by clicking the VIEW LIVE SCHEDULE button on the Film Guide. The On Demand Films are available 24-hours a day. Pick the film you’re interested in and watch it when you’re ready.
A: Yes! The live Panels and Q&As will be recorded, and will then be available to watch on demand in The Perspective Center.
A: Late Wednesday October 14 you will receive an email with your exclusive link to the Festival’s Virtual Village. Our virtual live doors officially open at 11am on Thursday, October 1. (But you can start accessing the on demand films at 12am the night before if you want to!) So head on in and poke around each of the buildings. At the top of your screen you’ll see links for the Schedule and Program.
A: Clicking on BON V!V cafe it will take you into a virtual panel/Q&A, where you can video chat with up to 6 people at one table. If you’re not happy with the crowd, just click on a different table, OR click on another floor to see an entirely new group of people. Make sure to turn your camera and mic on so the other attendees can see and hear you. If you have any problems just click on the support icon in the bottom corner. Once the panel or Q&A begins, you’ll be pulled into a presentation mode by the host. Here you can watch the presentation live, raise your hand to get invited to the stage, chat with other attendees, or ask a question in the sidebar.
A. Your link cannot be shared with others. It is a unique link that only allows 1 viewer.
A. The Festival presents Audience Awards determined by popular vote of the audience. After each film virtual screening you will be given a chance to vote on the virtual platform for your reviews of the films. Please take a moment to tell us what you thought. All winners are announced after the festival on our website and social media.
A. Yes, there are a few screenings that are Geoblocked to North America or California. The majority of the films are not geo blocked to any specific zone. You can find out which one is geo blocked in our festival program where the film information is on a specific film.